Saturday, September 10, 2011

Welcome to my Social Identity...


This was an interesting exercise which, quite honestly, I found a little more difficult than I anticipated.  I fully expected to just run through it in a matter of a few minutes.  Once finished, I left it on my desk.  I have now gone back two different times, looked it over again, and made changes.  As you will see, I think often about my spiritual life and physical/emotional development.  These are also the areas in which I desire to learn more about and I believe have the strongest effect on me personally.  Interestingly enough, and as supported by our readings, I think least about the things I take for granted, my race, socio-economic class, sexual orientation, age, national origin, and first language. 

What did you guys learn from this exercise?  Any surprises?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Well I just learned that I did my social identity wrong or I did it differently, I should say. Instead of putting the numbers in the blanks I actually filled out the information of my race, age, etc. is. I’ve learned that ethnicity is something that I have a hard time identifying with and it’s something that I want to learn more about. Also, I’ve learned that race is one of the identities that I more and more identify myself with. I’ve learned that when we analyze, think about, or write out things, that’s when we find out what we didn’t know before.

    ReplyDelete